Monday, July 22, 2013

Transfer Week

On Transfer Weeks we have our p-day on Wednesday, and then they have transfer meeting on Thursday at the Belmont Chapel right near the Boston Temple. So on Wednesday morning Elder Fletcher and I got up early and headed to Boston for his last P-Day on the mission. We met up with some of the Elders that serve in the Boston area and then just spent the whole day out in the city. There is so much to do and see there, but we were able to do quite a bit. We went to Quincy Market and walked through there, walked through downtown Boston for a little while, went through the Boston Commons, went out and saw Fenway Park, and then went to Harvard and walked around the campus there. There was a lot we weren't able to do, but I'm sure I will make it back there again another day. We spent the night in Cambridge with some other Elders, and then all headed to Transfer Meeting on Thursday morning.

At Transfer meeting they have all of the departing missionaries bear their testimony, announce all of the transfers and changes in the mission, and then President Packard and Sister Packard speak. The two that I have been to have been such awesome meetings, I am sure they all are. It is great to hear what all of the missionaries have learned throughout their two years of service. So after Transfer meeting I said goodbye to Elder Fletcher and some of the other Elders that were leaving, and then my new companion, Elder Batts, and I packed up the car and headed back to Waterford, which is about two hours away from Boston. Elder Batts is from Pocatello, Idaho and has been serving for 9 months now. But for some reason, they made me the Designated Driver! So I am now the one driving us around everywhere. I have already learned how to be a much more aggressive driver haha.

Sunday was a day that I won't forget! I was fortunate enough to be able to confirm Sister Liz Chase a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints during Sacrament, and then after church I was able to baptize Jason and Sandra! It was such an amazing day! It was so cool to look up from the baptismal font and see their 4 little boys looking through the window watching their parents get baptized. We are already planning that hopefully 1 year from this week we will be seeing their whole family in the temple being sealed for time and all eternity. I feel so blessed to be a part of this great work taking place throughout the world. I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to serve the Lord. I love this Gospel, and I am so grateful for all of the blessings it has brought to my life so far. I hope you are all striving your best to be member missionaries! Have a good week!
Jason and Sandra Nehila Baptism
 Elder Campos
 Elder Fletcher
 A new friend in Boston!
 Touching John Harvards' golden shoe for good luck!
 Harvard Yard
 Fenway Park


1 comment:

  1. Looking good Elder Pulsipher! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete