Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy Easter #BecauseHeLives

Time is just going waaaay too fast for me. Transfers came on Friday and I am staying in Lynnfield for my final transfer. It is really hard to believe this is the last transfer, I just got my flight plans in the mail the other day. Super weird, but there are still tons of great things happening that I am glad I still get to be a part of for a little bit longer.

For pday on Monday we went to the Bunker Hill monument just outside of Boston. I decided I better make the climb to the top before I leave here, and before it gets too hot. It was only like 294 steps to the top, not too bad and it was an awesome view up there. There are just sooo many awesome things to see in Boston, I still haven't gotten around to all of them. I still have lots to do on pdays I guess. Monday night we met up with Joe and Elder MacJanet in Boston for dinner. Joe is the main man and took me out for my birthday. We went to this sweet place called Jacob Wirths, it is like the oldest continually running restaurant in the country. Everything in Boston is old haha.

We went on exchanges with the Lynn Spanish Elders this week and it was great! I went to the Lynn branch for the day, and we ate like kings that day. Spanish people just are the most amazing cooks in the world. The Lynn branch is doing great right now and we have some awesome Elders there. Our whole zone is great really. We have a few Elders leaving this transfer but it shouldn't be too bad! 

Oh! Our zone found 74 new investigators in March!!! It was crazy, we set the goal to find 70 at the beginning of the month and I was a little scared about it. Guess I was just lacking in faith or something! But our zone was just on fire this month, finding people all over the place every single day. Going into the last day of the month we had found 64 new investigators, and then on the last day we found 10 more and passed up our goal. It was an amazing month for us, and it was awesome to be a part of it. We prayed for this goal a lot, we fasted together, and then we just worked super hard towards it and had faith that Heavenly Father had the people prepared. I am pretty sure he has that many new investigators, if not more, prepared for us every month. We just actually wanted it bad enough this month and so we went out and found them. Like President Packard always says, "We aren't waiting on the Lord, the Lord is waiting on us".

We are just absolutely loving teaching our 90 year old friend Susan about the Gospel. She is like the sweetest woman on earth, and she loves having us come over. We taught her the plan of salvation this week and talked about baptism! We invited her to be baptized in Michigan once she makes it out there to be by her family, and she said she would! Haha she is so excited to keep learning more about the Mormon faith, and she is super stoked to get out there in Michigan and be a part of that ward with her nieces. Susan is very humble and open to our message. After we gave her the Book of Mormon during our first lesson, she committed herself to read it every single day. She has been studying every day at least a few pages, and is going to read all the way through the entire Book of Mormon. She is just a saint! Soon she will be a Latter Day Saint also haha.

Conference this weekend was top notch. I mean wow, it was powerful! I loved all of the sessions but there were a few talks on Saturday afternoon that I really liked! Elder Wilford Andersen's talk "The Music of the Gospel" was one of my favorites. His analogy was right on point. But then the talk right after his by Elder Renlund of the Seventy was probably my favorite. This quote takes the top spot 

"My invitation to all of us is to evaluate our lives, repent, and keep on trying. If we don’t try, we’re just latter-day sinners; if we don’t persevere, we’re latter-day quitters; and if we don’t allow others to try, we’re latter-day hypocrites. As we try, persevere, and help others do the same, we are true Latter-day Saints." 

Man what a great blessing it is to have living day prophets and apostles, guiding and directing our church. These men give their lives to the service of God, and they are happy doing it. They truly speak the words of God. Whatever Heavenly Father needs us to know, or needs us to change, he lets us know through the prophets. In D&C 1:38 it says "What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." I love this. When the Prophet and Apostles speak to us, it is same as if Christ Himself were delivering that address. I am pretty excited to sit down and go through the addresses given and figure out what I need to change in my life to become a little better. I don't want anyone to think I am a latter day hypocrite haha. 

Easter was great for us, especially with it being General Conference weekend. That made for a perfect day. We had a nice ham dinner at a members home, and they even let us join in on their Easter Egg hunt. If you didn't get the chance, be sure to check out the Easter video the church put out...      mormon.org/easter 
Love ya all, have a great week!

Elder Pulsipher

Birthday dinner on Monday night, Joe is the best!  Joe, me and then Elder MacJanet...one of my old companions!
Easter Egg Hunt!! Found an egg or two!

 The one and only former Elder Bradley came through with his family this week!
 Last zone picture before transfers!
 Me and Lilly watching some conference together haha.  She is the little girl that got baptized last month.
 Dinner at Sister Le's house....She always makes us some delicious Asian food.  Chicken Pho this night!

 Bunker Hill Monument last PDay.
 Climbing to the top!
 And view of Boston from the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment